Friday, July 23, 2010

So...what DO you think?

I am usually just self-absorbed enough not to care what other people think. At least, in most areas of life that is how I feel. I have to care what my boss thinks - she pays my salary. I need to be wary of what the TSA dudes at the airport think if I want to make my flight on time and without a cavity search. I care what my sisters think because they are (usually) the least crazy of all my insane family members.

And I care what you think. If you exist. By 'you', I mean anybody who may actually be reading my sporadic postings.

When I first started this blog last year, it seemed like lots of people were commenting on what I wrote and I loved it, good or bad. I hit a dry patch at the end of the year when I was finally employed again and working like mad to get my life back on track, but I have been pretty good lately about posting at least a few times a month. The comments section, however, is a complete wasteland.

Did everyone lose interest? Am I just so ridiculous that you can't even be bothered to tell me what a waste of time it is for you to read what I write? Or am I (haha) such a brilliant writer that you feel anything you say wouldn't even come close to expressing how you feel about my stuff.

Do tell. Please. My inquiring mind would like to know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. With dry spells in content comes a change in following. Readers are often times transient in nature. If the content is consistent and good, their loyality is had. However, short attention spans mean they will move on seeking something new and different. It's not unlike the vagrants here in Portland; during the summer they are out in droves however, come winter they migrate south to the bay area.

    For whatever reason, I logged in today for the first time in ages to see that you had written new stuff and I am now caught up. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete